South Peace News
Nominations are now open for the Small Business Awards that will be presented at the Working Together Gala on Oct. 20.
“We encourage everyone to nominate a business, so we can recognize all the great businesses in the High Prairie area,” president Barry Sharkawi says.
“Please nominate your favourite local business and tell us what makes them great.”
Nominations close Oct. 10. Ballot boxes and forms are located at Freson Bros., Super A Foods, Eva’s Café, The Boondocks Grill and High Prairie Library.
People are asked to simply name the business and the reason for the nomination.
“We are not doing set categories this year as we heard from many businesses who felt they did not fit in the categories or that the categories were too narrow,” says Brogan Severson, chamber administrative assistant.
Nominations can also be e-mailed to email@example.com.
Nominate a business in any category
Following is a list of the categories last year. People are free to create new categories if they wish.
– Business-of-the-Year [under 10 employees] – a business with a focus on sales, staff development and involvement in community.
– Business-of-the-Year [over 10 employees].
– New Business of the Year – to a member business that has been trading for less than two years.
– Environmental Awareness Award – to a member business that shows clear links to maintaining the environment.
– Entrepreneur-of-the-Year – to an individual who demonstrates success in starting, revitalizing a business.
– Tourism and Hospitality Award – to a business that delivers a top-quality product or service to promote tourism.
– Community Spirit Individual Award – to a person who co-ordinates projects, services and/or events.
– Community Spirit Business Award – to a business or organization that co-ordinates projects, services and/or events.
– Façade Improvement Award- to a business that has enhanced, beautified their premises.