South Peace News
The deadline for nominations for Small Business Awards has been extended another week by the High Prairie and Area Chamber of Commerce.
After just a few nominations were received by the initial deadline of Oct. 2, the chamber will accept nominations until Oct. 10 at 4:30 p.m.
“We are looking for more nominations because there are a lot of deserving businesses,” president Jennifer Zatko says.
Awards will be presented Oct. 21.
Nomination forms are available at the chamber office, at some businesses and on the websites of the Town of High Prairie and Big Lakes County.
Awards for top businesses include:
* Business of the Year [under 10 employees];
* Business of the Year [over 10 employees];
* New Business of the Year;
* Environmental Awareness Award;
* Entrepreneur of the Year;
* Tourism and Hospitality Award;
* Community Spirit Individual Award;
* Community Spirit Business Award.